Please read the FAQs before contacting us. Chances are you will find the answer to your enquiry. If not, then at the bottom of this page there is a form with which you can contact us. We endeavour to answer your enquiries as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I want to visit Lammas eco-village – the best way to visit is to come on our Saturday Guided tours which run every Saturday from April til September. THERE IS NO NEED TO BOOK. Just turn up on the day and park in the car park by the hub. We ask for a donation of £5 per adult. Children are free. The tour usually lasts two hours, visiting two plots in depth. We have seedlings/produce/crafts for sale outside the hub. Please do not turn up at other times unarranged; we are all very busy setting up our smallholdings and will politely recommend you return on a Saturday.
- I am unable to come on a Saturday tour. Is there any other way to visit? We are usually able to take people round on another day of the week providing there is a resident available to show you around. We can also offer tours with a specific focus. We will ask for a fee to cover our time and costs. Please contact us for more details and availability.
- I want to volunteer at the Lammas eco-village – the best way to come and volunteer is to write to us via our contact form. Please let us know when you’d like to come, what accomodation (if any) you can bring, what skills you have, etc. We run on Wwoof principles i.e. hospitality in exchange for work. Please know that we are unable to respond to every request for volunteering so if you don’t get a placement please don’t be discouraged from trying again another time.
- I want to come and live at Lammas eco-village –Unfortunately the village has only 9 plots which have all been sold. There are currently no plots for sale. However there are several projects that are at various stages of development within Wales. These are likely to increase over time. Some are actively looking for people to join. The best way to find out about them is to become a friend (£25) or a shareholder (£50) of Lammas. You will receive our bi-monthly newsletter in which other groups often advertise.
- I want to come and do research at Lammas eco-village – We do our best to actively support students who want to come and visit Lammas as part of their research. We have several research papers that cover Lammas – see our research page. One of our aims is to share our understanding of low-impact living. If you would like to come and visit in this regard, please contact us.
- I want to bring a group to visit the project – We welcome groups (university students, school children, professionals, developers, planners and politicians) who want to visit the eco-village. We can provide specialised tours if needed. Please contact us for more details.
- I am thinking about submitting a planning application for something similar, who can I discuss this with? We have some experience regarding the planning process for low-impact developments in Wales, and as well as offering templates and guidance on our planning page, can offer more in depth support services; please contact us using the form below:
Alternatively you can write to us at:
The Secretary, Lammas, Y Swyddfa, Tir y Gafel, Glandwr, Whitland, Pembs, SA34 0YD